Cyber Security – Quite the topic of Conversation at the moment!
How to get your Business Certified
- The first stage in the certification process is to decide which level to certify against, either Cyber Essentials or Cyber Essentials Plus.
- – organisations complete a self-assessment questionnaire which is reviewed by an external Certifying Body.
- – tests of an organisation’s systems are carried out by an external Certifying Body and help you achieve the required certification by providing guidance and feedback on your IT infrastructure.
- Both Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus include a questionnaire which relates to security controls and the secure configuration of an organisation’s computing resources. Certifying Bodies also conduct a remote technical assessment at Cyber Essentials aimed at validating elements of the questionnaire.
- Cyber Essentials Plus is a more thorough assessment of the organisation and, as a result, may provide greater security assurance. However, it does come at an additional cost, which will factor into the decision making process. Ultimately the decision on which level to certify against will be influenced by an organisation’s cyber security stance and those of its business partners, suppliers and stakeholders.